AlphaCentric Funds was created with the goal of providing financial advisors and their clients distinctive, innovative, alpha-driven strategies in mutual fund format. Our investment managers are go-anywhere, flexible and nimble. They have solid long-term track records with institutional assets and separately managed accounts. Our innovative and experienced managers provide top-down thought leadership that represents forward-thinking investing, attempting to help financial advisors and their clients make better investment decisions.
- Fund Listing
- Income Opportunities Fund
- Robotics and Automation Fund
- LifeSci Healthcare Fund
- Municipal Opportunities Fund
- Premium Opportunities Fund
- Symmetry Strategy Fund
- Prime Meridian Fund
AlphaCentric Fund Listing
From our founding in 2014, AlphaCentric Funds strives to be the alpha-driven future of investing. We seek to offer financial advisors and their clients access to best-in-class, style-forward managers in open-end mutual fund format, the types of products that were once only available to institutions and large endowments. The underlying theme behind all of our products is Alpha, which is a measure of the difference between a fund’s actual returns and its expected performance given its level of risk. Funds that generate positive alpha provide financial advisors and their clients superior returns at the same level of risk as the benchmark, which is often what advisors use for their passive investment approach.
Income Opportunities Fund Fact Sheet
Seeks to achieve current income and total return by implementing an alpha-driven, “principles-based” investment process focusing on complex and hard to source asset-backed securities.
Robotics and Automation Fund
Primary Goals and Key Reasons to Invest:
- Global Growth Opportunity: We believe growth in robotics for workplace automation has reached a tipping point towards wide-scale adoption Global spending on robotics is rapidly expanding.
- Thematic Investment Opportunity: Currently the AlphaCentric Global Innovations Fund (GNXAX) is the only actively managed mutual fund dedicated to automation and robotics. The Fund is diversified by company industry sector country market capitalization and style and acts as a complement to a diversified equity portfolio.
- Long-term Growth of Capital: The Fund employs proprietary, bottom up research to identify companies worldwide with innovation technologies such as robotics and automation companies and potential for long‐term out-performance.
- Disciplined Strategy: The Fund will concentrate its investments (i.e. invest more than 25% of its assets) in the machinery and electrical equipment industries. The Fund may invest without limit in companies located anywhere in the world and under normal conditions at least 40% of the Fund’s assets will be in securities of issuers domiciled in at least countries outside of the United States.
Minimum Investment: $2,500, Subsequent Investment: $100
LifeSci Healthcare Fund
The AlphaCentric LifeSci Healthcare Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation and leverages the experience of 20+ PhDs and MDs combined with the hands-on scientific achievements of Portfolio Manager, Mark Charest to invest in Biotech and Healthcare equities to capture long term capital appreciation through fundamental, thesis-driven investments.
A Share: LYFAX, C Share: LYFCX, I Share: LYFIX
Objective: The Fund’s investment objective is long-term capital appreciation
The AlphaCentric LifeSci Healthcare Fund Leverages the experience of 20+ PhDs and MDs combined with the hands-on scientific achievements of Portfolio Manager, Mark Charest to invest in Biotech and Healthcare equities to capture long term capital appreciation through fundamental, thesis-driven investments.
The LifeSci Healthcare Fund Difference:
- Designed to outperform broad market exposure by investing in Life Sciences and Healthcare equities leveraging proprietary primary research
- Emphasizes Science-driven biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies addressing high unmet medical needs
- Award winning scientists who have transitioned to successful professional investors
- Lead Portfolio Manager Mark G. Charest, Ph.D. has a distinguished scientific background and more than a decade of institutional healthcare investing experience
- More than a decade of collaboration experience working with LifeSci Partners
Life Sci Platform
- Since 2009, LifeSci Partners has been a leading provider of strategic scientific consulting services for innovative healthcare companies
- Global presence with more than 100 investment and science professionals including 20+ PhD.s and MDs
In Depth with Mark Charest, Portfolio Manager
Mark has a successful 10+ year career as a healthcare investor at several specialized $1Bn+ AUM healthcare technology funds. He is also an inventor on eight (8) drug patents.
The Charest Difference- Mark Charest actually worked in drug discovery and is the only PM who has. His “hands on” approach is very systematic, always mapping his choices back to the science. His dynamic view of the market is also why he is more selective in his approach.
PhD in Chemistry and Chemical Biology from Harvard University
Led a Medicinal Chemistry Lab at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
Graduate Research Fellow at National Science Foundation
Kauffman Fellow at Panorama Capital where he served on the board of directors of Itero Biopharmaceuticals
Board observer at Presidio Pharmaceuticals and PowerVision
AlphaCentric Municipal Opportunities Fund
MUNAX | MUNCX | MUNIX
Premium Opportunities Fund Fact Sheet
Seeks capital appreciation with lower overall volatility than the equity market by utilizing a robust, algorithm-driven trading system across a broad options landscape.
Symmetry Strategy Fund
Strategy is a blend of managed futures and traditional exposure designed to create a symmetry of the different return streams.
Typically, traditional exposures do well when companies are experiencing strong cash flows while managed futures do well when we see “crash flows” or risk off environments.
Traditional exposures rely on the manager’s focus on value oriented global equity and bond investments. Managed futures exposures utilize the manager’s time tested trend following (or quantitative based) investment process.